|Title||Williamsville Cemetery Association Corporate Seal|
Antique cast iron corporate seal embosser used by the Williamsville Cemetery Association in the early 20th Century.
The property the cemetery lies on was first used for burials starting in February of 1810. But it wasn’t until 1824 that the land was formalized as a “Burying Ground” for local residents. Along with prominent residents of the village, the cemetery is also the final resting place for soldiers from the Revolutionary War. Williamsville Cemetery has been designated by the Historic Preservation Commission as a Village of Williamsville Historic Site – one of only 11 such sites. Williamsville Cemetery has been part of The Forest Lawn Group of Cemeteries since a merger in 2001 allowed Williamsville Cemetery to continue to offer the finest in perpetual care.
Business & finance